The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this breathtakingly beautiful country.
Tour picturesque Chilean vineyards, stargaze in the Atacama Desert, explore the glaciers of the Torres del Paine National Park in Patagonia or admire Rapa Nui's moai statues: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Chile and Easter Island with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Chile and Easter Island:
- Over 35 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Chile and Easter Island, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans detail iconic sights such as Santiago's fascinating Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino and leafy Parque Metropolitano de Santiago, the unusual Casa Museo Isla Negra, the breathtaking Rano Raraku and more
- Colour photographs of Chile's colonial cities, historic architecture, museums and art galleries, ancient settlements, colourful towns and villages, natural wonders and spectacular landscapes - including mountains, glaciers, geysers, beaches, lakes, volcanoes, and flora and fauna - as well as Easter Island's fascinating archaeological sites, mysterious monuments, crater lakes, plus nearby Robinson Crusoe Island, with its dramatic volcanic landscape and endemic flora and fauna
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Santiago, including Plaza de Armas and Santiago Centro, West of Santiago Centro, Northeast of Santiago Centro; Chile beyond the capital, including Central Valley, Norte Grande and Norte Chico, Lake District and Chiloe, Northern Patagonia, Southern Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego; Easter Island and Robinson Crusoe Island
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's rich history and culture, iconic architecture, ancient settlements, festivals and events, and more
- Experience Chile and Easter Island with features on the landscape and wildlife, the biodiversity of Chile, peoples of Chile and Easter Island, music and dance, literature, theatre and cinema, Chilean art and architecture, sports in Chile, Fiestas Patrias, funiculars of Valparaiso, history of wine in Chile, regional arts and crafts, pukaras and the Camino del Inca, myths and folklore of Chiloe, and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Chile and Easter Island is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Chile and Easter Island.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning to explore more of South America? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Argentina or DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Peru.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.